Monday, February 6, 2012

What We've Been up to, a Give a Away, and a freebie!

Happy Monday! Has it been crazy busy lately, or what? I feel like we are go, go, go around here, but I guess it's that time of year! Here's what we have been up to:


We did our February Quilt using the book Mama, Do You Love Me? Such a great book! Then the kiddos wrote about how they know their parents love them... their reasons were so sweet :)

tissue paper and starch hearts
We also made this cute groundhog day project...


You can't tell from the pic, but he's attached to a pop stick and he can poke in and out... the kids were in love! lol... I got the idea from this amazing art book. It's perfect for when I'm in a pinch and need an idea...


Last week was polar bear week, so we did expository writing about polar bears and made this funky sponge painted bear...

Sorry it's so dark... our hallway lighting isn't great
And after attending a release day, we have begun.... Language Board! Do any of you do this? It's all the rage in our district right now...

our HM focus wall is on top, but the bottom three sections are language board... a strand by strand daily spiral review.. so far, so good

Also... I am lucky enough to have some amazing readers this year so I am starting The Magic Tree House: Dinosaurs Before Dark with my highest kiddos during UA time...

I put together this 35 page packet of guided reading/response worksheets, comprehension checks and story vocab cards... I am giving one away to the first commenter that names their favorite dinosaur!! If you are not a winner, you'll be able to pick it up in my TPT store for $4.00.

this and much more :)

And now for the freebie... My kiddos are in need of a base 10/tally mark review so I made up this little Leap Frog Scoot game! Just click the pic to download! Enjoy!

Have an awesome week!

10 comments:

Amberleigh said...

Stegosaurus

Rachel said...

Brontosaurus

Rachel said...

Oops! Too late:)

rmariemuniz@yahoo.com

meadowt said...

Love your freebie, thanks for sharing.
Barbara
happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

Jen R said...

i seriously NEVER make these things!! lol

But the pack looks great!!
And I LOVE doing quilts...I don't know why, is it the fact that it's a uniform pattern?? lol (I'm a little OCD)

♥ Jen
The Teachers' Cauldron

Cupcake said...

I love your quilt craft, it really looks great!
❤Teri

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Doodle Bugs said...

love the groundhog activity. .. i have that book and i totally missed that! Will be bookmarking it for next year :o)

Amy said...

Thanks for this adorable scoot game! I am absolutely addicted to these games.

I'm having a giveaway over at my blog. I'd love it if you stopped by!

Amy
Krazy About Kiddos

Unknown said...

Great job With Cute Fun's.....I love it...
Elly Child Care in Sarjapur Road

Heather's Heart said...

I love your quilt and this game! Thank you so much for sharing your generous heart and ideas! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart