Sunday, July 13, 2014

What to do for Back to School?

Sometimes I just want an easy answer. Don't you?

So, if you were thinking, "What am I going to do the first few days back to school?"

Here are some ideas! In fact, here are my plans! Sometimes it is just nice to see what other teachers are up to, you know what I mean?





And where did all these ideas come from? Well, here are lists and/or links to all of the things I'm using the first few days (minus my LA program. It's Treasures...).

Books I will Read:
1st Day Jitters by Julie Dannenburg
First Grade Stinks! by Mary Ann Rodman
A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
The Three Little Pigs by Paul Galdone
The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig by Eugene Trivizas
No! David and David Goes to School by David Shannon

I always have books on hand to read. I keep them in a bin near the front of the room. Most of them are the traditional B2S books. The ones above are the MUST reads for the week and anytime I have a free moment we choose from the bin.

Products from Other Teachers:
Fun With Firsties by A. Mullins
No! David/Peacemaker, Peacebreaker by C.Carroll
Apple Craftivity by Lesson Plan Diva

I wholeheartedly endorse the three products above. Best part... 2 out of 3 of them are Free! I use them and variations of them each year. I like to pick and choose from the products and make them work for my room. I have had success with all three!

My Creations:
August Math Journals
What I like About Music
All About Me!
Figure Me Out!

These too, are all free! Yay! But, if you end up loving the August math journals, you can purchase the rest of the year in my TPT store :) I also have a few other B2S products in my store for purchase like my This Is the Way We Go to School mini unit!


Pinspirations in these plans:
Figure Me Out
Up The Ladder
Capital Letters
Punctuation Poetry

Questions? Did I forget something? Let me know and I'd be happy to explain or point you in the right direction :)

I hope this helps you in your B2S planning! Sometimes right there answers are amazing!

Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your blog! It's so helpful! I use your pieces of advise for my works at http://rushessayland.com/. I hope you do not mind, as I cite everything.