Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week: Meet the Teacher!

Hey Hey!

I'm Melissa. I teach 1st grade in California. I began teaching in So Cal, but when district budgets got icky, my husband and I made the big move to Northern Cali. I switched schools last year and this will be my second year at my current school. It is a great place and I am loving it! This year marks my fifth year of teaching, all of them have been in first grade. I LOVE firsties! They are such fun to work with and I get to see SO much growth over the course of the year. I am excited to see what this year has in store!

When I am not "doing school" I love relaxing with my husband and friends, catching movies and shopping. No kids or pets yet, so there is a lot fun for me and my hubby- vacations, camping, mini golf! We are super goofy and I love it! We live pretty far from our families, so anytime we have a chance we head to So Cal to see them and visit Disneyland! I recently took up running and am totally enjoying it... working toward a 10k in October!

Hubby and I at the Wild Animal Park-awesome safari hat right? :)
I started blogging a couple years ago when I came across a bunch of 1st grade blogs. Honestly, I thought, I want to do that... So I did. It turns out blogging is like having this whole other set of colleagues that I get to work with. I appreciate all of the inspiring and inventive teachers out there and am SO thankful that they blog too.

I blog because I love to showcase the different activities that my class does and some of the ways I try to keep it all organized. I try to keep it from being a running advertisement for my TPT and show off the FUN that's going on in my room! I have a whole new set of "things" planned for this year and I am very excited to share my journey with you.

I am glad you came by to visit and I hope you enjoy reading my posts!

And... check out some other awesome teachers through this linky...


See you tomorrow!





2 comments:

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

Love the picture! You got your "ears on." Smiles and stop by anytime!

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

Love the picture! You got your "ears on." Smiles and stop by anytime!