Sunday, February 10, 2013

Marshmallows and Valentines! (freebies!!)

So MIA much...

I know, I know... life is BUSY! Plus I have been sick with something for the past week and now my kiddos are passing some other strain of ickyness around class; I've had 6... yes 6! out every day for the last week and a half! Fingers crossed I don't get their bug!

In any case, we have been trying to make it work. And last week we worked on our expository writing by investigating marshmallows. My kiddos LOVE marshmallows. I swear they eat them by the handfuls when no one is looking, lol!

We started with a Marshmallow investigation. I love doing these.. we do them with pumpkins, apples, and soon we will do it with popcorn! Sorry about the phone pics...


The kiddos filled out their own version of the chart...


The whole goal of this week was to work through the stages of writing: pre-write to final draft. We tackled a part each day after our initial investigation. Here are the sheets we used to get us through the week :) Click on any of the images below to get the docs!




It really was a ton of fun.. I wish I had gotten a pic of them savoring every bite of their one marshmallow! It was hilarious!

Okay onto Valentine's Day... My kids have been buzzing about Valentine's Day since February 1st, so I am happy it is finally upon us!

I decided to go with a movie and snack this year and forgo the party... but we still have some fun Valentines activities planned :) Here is a center we plan to do:

A long E word sort-



We will be filling in the rest of the centers with activities from my The Day It Rained Hearts pack on TPT!



Have a great Sunday!


1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Thanks so much for the marshmellow freebies!
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me