Friday, April 27, 2012

What we did this week

This week has been so busy! Open house is next week and we are in the midst of testing so, you know its all "nose to the grindstone" around here :)

Here are some pics of what's be happening this week...

We have been working on fluency all year but I am making one last BIG push by using the APE! The kids think he's funny and they are encouraged :)




We also sent our 4/5th reading buddies some extra love for STAR testing.... just to let them know we were cheering them on!

I bagged and stapled and the kiddos wrote encouraging words on the back of the tags!

We worked on our zoo animals from my Off to the Zoo! Unit... so far we have done the tiger, lion and flamingo




We learned about zookeepers and made the too (also from my zoo unit)

The cutest zookeepers ever and a bonus....I am in love with the border I got for this board!


And to top it all off, we took a cue from Cara over at The First Grade Parade and created cinquains! It worked just as well with animals as the subjects and the crayon water color art is a perfect pair!

so yes.. it says "it makes me feel sad"... so I asked the kiddo why that was (because the teacher in me was like"WHAT!") and she stated, "well... in the book I read it said that some people treat gorillas badly and that made me feel sad." I should have known she had a great reason...I love first graders!



See! It was quite a week and that's only a snippet of what we did! I hope you all have a great weekend!

Oh... and I just revised the writing paper on my Fun in the Sun! unit, so if you already purchased it, go re-download!

3 comments:

Delighted said...

You had a busy week. Enjoy your weekend!


First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Cupcake said...

I like those zookeepers!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Unknown said...

I am loving your artwork!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies