Monday, November 21, 2011

Sharing my Thanks!


Today I am linking up with What the Teacher Wants for an I'm Thankful Party! Let me tell you first that I am thankful for many things, a long list that would inevitably take forever to read, so to keep it short and sweet here are the highlights...

1. What are you thankful for in your classroom?


First off, I am thankful to have a classroom! After a year of being the "laid off" teacher and many months as a substitute I am thankful to be in my second year in the same room at the same school. It has been truly amazing, and I am forever thankful.  More superficially... my document camera and projector! I literally could not live a day with out it!

2. What person are you most thankful for?

My Mr., who  makes each day brighter! Live, laugh, love!



3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for?

This is SO hard! I am thankful for all of the blogs that I have come across in the past months. They have encouraged me to think bigger and better! To pick three...

  * The First Grade Parade-  If she can do it, I can too, right? That's how I feel each time I read this blog. So creative and inventive. I am thankful that I can have a place to read an be inspired!


  * The Inspired Apple- So genuinely helpful! I have revived a million ideas that have impacted my classroom this year! Plus, reading this blog is like knowing the class! I am thankful to have this blog at my fingertips.


  * Finally In First- Hello Inspiration! A new idea sparks each time I read this blog.Thank you!

4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?

Ok... to be honest... Christmas Music. Not just at this time of the year, but all year round! I love it!! Don't tell the Mr., he thinks I wait till AFTER Thanksgiving for the festive tunes...
 

5. What are you most thankful for?

I am thankful to be happy and that is amazing! 


 Link up and share your thanks! And enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Mss. Melissa. I wrote you because I have many problems in teaching English. I work in a Bilingual school here in Colombia and I have to teach from First grade to Eleventh grade, so it's kind of tiring. But I really have problems in teaching GRAMMAR for first grade schoolers. I've used this blog to have some ideas and some other websites, but I haven't found a greatful site to teach grammar. For example, I had to teach "Do/Does", "I'm/I'm anot", and they used to get confused when they have to answer with the correct one if in the questions I usea the Verb TO BE or Present Simple. Also they don't identify the difference Wh- questions with Yes/No questions, with Wh-questions their answers are "Yes, I do/No I don't". It's been pretty hard. Sometimes I think about giving up to this job, because definitely, I think I'm useless to teach in these first grades in school. I'd like your help, techniques or websites or even videos where explains me how to teach grammar and different topics of grammar.
Thank you so much and I'd like you to answer me back, for real, I like your content, this is urgent!. Thank you

This is my Facebook account, where you can sent me a message https://www.facebook.com/lauGutti

or my E-mail: lauraguti5@hotmail.com
Please, Don't forget me.
Thank you.

Unknown said...

Laura. Colombian. 23.