So I decided that I would just pick one corner to start and focus my time there. I began in my new classroom library. (A good choice... all the books could be put away!)
Here is the before pic just the way the teacher before me left it (books and all... let's just say I had A LOT of book sorting going on! ):
And here it is now...
Yea! My wonderful husband primed and painted all of the yellow and purple sound tiles back to white. Love him! I am going to use them to display genre cards as we learn about them during the year.
Some up close looks... there are still a few things that need to be done, but I was SO happy with it I had to take pics and share :)
|one of two black book shelves that have labeled baskets with matching labeled books. I print the same picture that is on the basket onto return address labels and stick them to the front of the books. It helps the kiddos when putting books back :)|
|A few more baskets... a couple still need their labels... and our gazillion anthologies under our sound spelling cards.|
|the green book bins are four our independent reading books they haven't been labeled yet that's why most of them look the way they do...|
Like I said still some things to do... finish labels, add the pom poms, make another crate seat... plus the rest of the room... lol
I will be working on another section of my room next week and I share pics when it's done :) Have a great weekend!